I’m conducting a small research on zines, and motivations for making them. Would you like to participate? Please answer the questions and send them back to me, if possible by the end of May: flapper_grrrl(at)yahoo.co.uk. Eternal gratitude will be yours! 🙂
You can pass on the questionnaire to other zine makers too. That would be awesome! When it’s finished, I will mail you the research paper with the results of the survey.
- What is your name (or pseudonym or artist name)?
- What is your gender?
- Where do you live? (region or country)
- What is the name of your zine(s)?
- In which year did you make your first zine?
- How old were you then?
- Describe the zine(s) you make (sort, content, style, form…)?
- Do you make your zine(s) on your own or together with other people?
- How do you define zines?
- Why did you start making zines?
- If you still make zines, what are your motivations now?
- If you don’t make zines anymore, why did you stop?
- What does zine-making mean to you?
- Are you engaged in another kind of publishing, writing, art or activism too?
- Do you make use of web tools to make, distribute or promote your zine(s)?
- Anything you’d like to add?