It’s been a while, so here is some long overdue NEWS:
- Just a few more weeks and it’s International Zine Month (-> July)! Hurray! Looking forward to it!
- It motivates me to start working on some new zines, a new issue of Same Heartbeats, maybe a mini-zine… and I’m planning to make a split-zine with my friend Kim. The theme will be “dreams”.
- To participate in the International Zine Month, I intend to make a one-comic-a-day-story about all things zine-related that I’ll be doing in July. The 24 Hour Zine Thing also sounds tempting (making a zine of 24 pages in 24 hours!).
- Another thing I absolutely want to do is organise some kind of zine event in July. You’ll hear more about it soon!
- In December last year I went to Queer Zine Fest London (OK, this news is a very old). It was awesome! So many great zines for sale, and I sold almost all of my own zines (with help from Flien and Beest). I started making a comic about the trip to London, but it still needs quite some work. This year the queer zine fest in London will take place on December 1st. Here is a photo of last year’s edition for now:
- Apart from Queer Zine Fest London, I got lots of zine gifts from the lovely Johanna of the LGBT bookshop Het Verschil in Antwerp (check out the bookshop, they’ve got rare second-hand feminist novels, queer comics, Scumgrrrls magazines, some zines and other treasures) and at the Alternatieve Boekenbeurs I spend all my money on zines, comics and books. Been reading nothing but zines on the train for the last six months or so! 🙂