Happy New Year!
Let’s make this a year of positive radical change!
Some announcements and news:
- My very first peer-reviewed scientific article called “Write it yourself? Feminist perzines as participatory playgrounds” got published in the journal Tijdschrift voor Genderstudies! It’s about feminist perzines and their value in today’s digital age. Let me know if you’d like to read it and I’ll send you the pdf.
- In 2016 I also contributed comics for #4 and #5 of Ethical Sloth.
- Same Heartbeats #11 is slowly progressing…
- Lately my flapper_grrrl(at)yahoo.co.uk email address doesn’t receive all mails sent from gmail addresses. In case you have/had trouble mailing me, please comment under this post or anywhere on this blog, and I’ll get back to you.
Plans / resolutions for 2017:
- Make zines as usual:
My plan is to publish Same Heartbeats #11 + another 24 hour zine + a mini-zine this year.
- Do research and write about zines:
I’m working on a second article and I just love to study the medium of zines in all its facets.
- Make new crafty merch:
Design new zine-themed buttons, new postcards like the one above, and maybe stickers. Some new bunnies might be born too this year.
- Draw more:
Make more sketches and experiment with styles and materials, draw at least 2 self-portraits (because I think I forgot to make one in 2016), start working on a graphic novel, make more Chainsaw Bunny comics.
- Read more zines and books:
I want to read at least 120 zines and a dozen books (including comic books / graphic novels) this year, inspired by this (thanks to Jessica Maybury for the tip!). I’m a slow, easily distracted reader but I also really want to read more and hope this will encourage me. Possibly some zine/book reviews might follow, here or on De Tweede Sekse blog. I’m at 20 zines and 2 books so far, yay!
Hang out with zine friends, create together, and use our creativity for positive radical change!