Always wanted to make a zine but don’t know how and where to start? If you can’t catch a zine workshop somewhere, there exist plenty of books on this subject, but also lots of(downloadable) zines that can help you start out.
Doesn’t this prove that zinesters and zine-making are all about encouraging participation and creativity? Yes, zines really are the best! 🙂
- Igor made a mini-zine in French about making zines called Zineception and you can download it here along with their other zines.
- Olivia’s Let’s Make a Zine can be downloaded and printed on her blog.
- Penfight distro has an inspiring zine with ideas of themes about which you can make zines.
- Cherry Styles of the Salford Zine Library made this zine which is a handy guide for beginners.
- “How to make this very zine” and other tutorials are available on the website of the Barnard Zine Library
- My own meta-mini-zines in three languages (English, Dutch, French) can be found here.
- Added 28/08/2018: Making zines with kids
Probably there’s lots more out there than what I included on this list. Let me know if there’s anything I should add.