It was nice experience to participate for the first time in ZineWriMo although I don’t think I did that much. But I’m still happy it pushed me to finish #12 of my zine Same Heartbeats and it was fun to be inspired by what other zinesters were doing (esp. Nyx of Sea Green Zines).
Some things I accomplished/finished:
- I published Same Heartbeats #12! Yay!
- I made a banner to announce and promote Same Heartbeats #12 with help of Chainsaw Bunny.
- I prepared and gave a presentation about zines for an actual and very cool audience for Speaking Volumes in Brussels (I’ll post some photos soon)
- I traded zines
- I read (awesome!) zines
- And I took some photos of my media boxes / zine craft storage solutions.
Some things I started:
- I tried a new zine genre: I started making a tourist zine about Brussels, if tourist zines are a genre at all! I didn’t get far yet though. I’ll probably finish it some time early next year.
- I started working on a mini-zine about self-care, and hope to make one about things that inspire me one day too. Here are some photos of the self-care mini-zine in progress ->
- I’d like to make a “zine travel kit” like the one Sea Green Zines has.
- Create a “make a zine” kit with mini-zines that explain how you can make zines, templates, buttons, materials, stickers…
- Make another fanzine (already made one about the Spice Girls & riot grrrl). Don’t know about what yet though.
- Design lots of lino stamps because you can never have enough lino stamps.
Some favourites I hadn’t mentioned yet (from Sea Green Zines’ to do list):
- Favourite snacks: chips, salted peanuts and other savoury snacks!
- Some of my favourite tools are: my stamps (letters, images, symbols, and self-made lino stamps), trusty paper cutter, kitchen scale…