It’s almost July and that means it’s almost International Zine Month (IZM)! A whole month dedicated to zines and zine culture. Yes, IZM is a real thing! So it’s time to think about what I want to do during this month… Are you as excited as me about all of this?
I already have a bunch of plans and ideas for July 2018, probably too much for only one month, but we’ll see… In the past few years I made a diary comic (one page each day) called Scissors & Chainsaws, organised a 24 hour zine event, made another 24 hour zine, tried to do as many of the daily International Zine Month activities as possible… It has always been a lot of fun so I look forward to this year’s IZM too. What are your plans?
- make a zine or mini-zine: I’d like to finish Same Heartbeats #13 or least work on it a lot, maybe (start to) work on some other (mini)zines too.
- do as many of the daily activities as possible –>
- give a zine workshop for Fat Positivity Belgium on “Valenzines Day”, that’s July 14th
- decorate envelopes with stamps and stickers and send out snail mail
- trade zines
- read as many zines as possible and maybe write something about them
- (re)organise my zine collection
- make new zine-related buttons/badges
- maybe visit a zine library or zine event?