YngWHO? – a fanzine about growing up in the 80s, queerness, fandom, and Yngwie Malmsteen
My new zine YngWHO? talks about a lot of things, so you don’t need to be a fan or even have heard of Yngwie Malmsteen. I didn’t know who he was before last summer… (He’s a guitarist who started out in the 80s and supposedly invented neoclassical rock/metal). But because I became a fan over the summer, I decided a zine was in order and I used it to write about a number of subjects.
Even though I call YngWHO? a fanzine, it’s as much a perzine*. It’s written from a fan perspective and I write about fandom as well as about personal things like memories from the 80s and gender stuff.
- all things Yngwie, including how I discovered his music, what we can learn from him, and reasons to hate him (yep)
- thoughts about fandom and fame
- thoughts about queerness, gender expression, and the 80s
- film / book / zine recommendations
- and also… a poster, a puzzle, and a paper doll! 🙂
For sale: 2 euros + postage
Distros: get in touch!
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
*perzine is short for personal zine, a zine focusing on personal/autobiographical content, while a fanzine is about (a) subject(s) that the author is a fan of, is passionate about, or simply likes a lot.