Hello and welcome to the first day of Zine Writing Month aka ZineWriMo 2020! This month is all about making and writing your own zines. As usual, Sea Green Zines made the official list of fun prompts. ->
I hope ZineWriMo will help to distract and entertain me during these dark pandemic Autumn days but at the same time I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself because things are already stressful. I’d love to do a lot of the suggested prompts but it’s fine if I don’t do all/most/any of them. (At least I’ve started well by brainstorming about my plans for this month).
Some other things I’d like to do this month:
- Today is the last day of the International Zine Librarian UnConference which happens online this year (it’s very accessible for all time zones and very international, I love it).
- On November 15th, I’m teaching an online zine workshop (theme: gender and public space) for the first time in my life ever! 😮 It’s organised by Huis van de Mens Brussels.
- More online stuff: I’m hoping to plan some video call crafternoons with zinester friends.
- I was going to do a small DIY creative residence (writing, drawing, or both) together with my bubble friend at a lake. But because of Covid-19 it’s safer to just visit each other and keep encouraging each other to do creative stuff at home.
- I’d like to announce a new mini-zine that I’ve just finished and printed soon and maybe I should make another one this month.
- Another one of my goals is to design new postcards and get them printed. The illustrations are partly done and scanned, just need to continue working on them and send them out to be printed. Not sure if that will be possible because of Covid-19 but we’ll see. Not a problem at all if there’s any delay.
- Of course I want to read zines and post photos of all of them, like I do every month.
- Maybe I should finally give black out poetry a try?
- And finally, semi-regularly blog about my endeavours. 🙂
What are your plans and which prompts are you looking forward to the most?