a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair anniversary artificial womb band berlin best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust cunt & paste distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine distros zine events zine fair zine fest zinefest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- "Zine there done that" documentary - interview with Ana Hine and Fergus Cruickshank
- Free downloads of some of my old zines
- DIY: how to make a feminist zine
- International Zine Month 2013: what was it like?
- New comic zine - Scissors & Chainsaws (International Zine Month diary comic)
- Why I like zines - mini zine
- Distros, shops and libraries that stock my zines
- News & activities - Spring 2017
- Zine Happening + Alternatieve Boekenbeurs
Nyx on News & activities –… rebelsister on News & activities –… Nyx on News & activities –… Nyx on The ZINE TEST – which zi… Jessica Maybury on “Zine there done that…
Tag Archives: anniversary
New zine: Same Heartbeats #10 Happy to announce… the 10th issue of Same Heartbeats! I’ve been making his DIY feminist personal-political zine for about a decade, releasing an issue almost yearly, and it continues to document the local and less … Continue reading
This month it’s International Zine Month AND it’s sales season AND this year I’ve been making zines for 15 years now AND Same Heartbeats is celebrating its 10th anniversary! So that’s 4 good reasons why we’re giving you a 10% discount on all Same … Continue reading
In 2016, I’ll have something to celebrate! Same Heartbeats will have its 10th anniversary and #10 will come out! Also, ECHO will exist for 15 years! Isn’t that cause for a little celebration? 🙂 Same Heartbeats is by far the … Continue reading
The newest publication by ECHO is a collection of 10 years of ECHO zines. Echotopia will celebrate ECHO’s 10th anniversary. It includes writings and images taken from the following zines: Punk Feminist Mini Zine, Flapper Gathering, Same Heartbeats, Be All … Continue reading
So ECHO exists 10 years in 2011 and that’s why I’m planning some anniversary releases: First of all, I’m working on the 5th issue of Same Heartbeats zine. You can expect lots of feminist activist and DIY content! The zine … Continue reading