a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: brussels
So this took place a few months ago, but I only found time now to select and edit the photos. Ladyfest is a non-commercial DIY feminist festival with music, workshops, films and art which is organised all over the world … Continue reading
On October 29-30th, Sophia an organisation which promotes gender studies in Belgium, organised their yearly colloquium in Brussels. This time the theme was “unruly bodies”. The first day took place in KVS and was targeted at a larger audience with … Continue reading
Last week the second edition of the DIY feminist festival “Et Biiim” was organised in Lille, France. The program looked so interesting! A Take Back The Night (“marche de nuit”), discussions on various feminist themes, workshops, concerts and parties… On Friday and on … Continue reading
On June 26-28th 2015 there was a zine fest called Falon Foireux du Fanzine in Brussels. I just went as a visitor. Most zines were in French and arty, so it narrowed down the zines I was interested in. Although … Continue reading
Yes, another edition of 24 hour zine thing in Belgium! Another chance to take the challenge to make your own zine of 24 pages in 24 hours! Place: at the Rainbowhouse in Brussels Time: from Friday March 20th at 17:00 till … Continue reading
I love Ladyfest. Ever since the first one I went to (and helped organise) in 2002, I’ve been fond of these feminist DIY festivals. They encourage creativity, activism, friendships, networks, traveling, sharing, sisterhood… Last weekend I went to Ladyfest Brussels. … Continue reading