a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair anniversary artificial womb band berlin best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust cunt & paste distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine distros zine events zine fair zine fest zinefest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- "Zine there done that" documentary - interview with Ana Hine and Fergus Cruickshank
- Free downloads of some of my old zines
- DIY: how to make a feminist zine
- International Zine Month 2013: what was it like?
- New comic zine - Scissors & Chainsaws (International Zine Month diary comic)
- Why I like zines - mini zine
- Distros, shops and libraries that stock my zines
- News & activities - Spring 2017
- Zine Happening + Alternatieve Boekenbeurs
Nyx on News & activities –… rebelsister on News & activities –… Nyx on News & activities –… Nyx on The ZINE TEST – which zi… Jessica Maybury on “Zine there done that…
Tag Archives: brussels
So this took place a few months ago, but I only found time now to select and edit the photos. Ladyfest is a non-commercial DIY feminist festival with music, workshops, films and art which is organised all over the world … Continue reading
On October 29-30th, Sophia an organisation which promotes gender studies in Belgium, organised their yearly colloquium in Brussels. This time the theme was “unruly bodies”. The first day took place in KVS and was targeted at a larger audience with … Continue reading
Last week the second edition of the DIY feminist festival “Et Biiim” was organised in Lille, France. The program looked so interesting! A Take Back The Night (“marche de nuit”), discussions on various feminist themes, workshops, concerts and parties… On Friday and on … Continue reading
On June 26-28th 2015 there was a zine fest called Falon Foireux du Fanzine in Brussels. I just went as a visitor. Most zines were in French and arty, so it narrowed down the zines I was interested in. Although … Continue reading
Yes, another edition of 24 hour zine thing in Belgium! Another chance to take the challenge to make your own zine of 24 pages in 24 hours! Place: at the Rainbowhouse in Brussels Time: from Friday March 20th at 17:00 till … Continue reading
I love Ladyfest. Ever since the first one I went to (and helped organise) in 2002, I’ve been fond of these feminist DIY festivals. They encourage creativity, activism, friendships, networks, traveling, sharing, sisterhood… Last weekend I went to Ladyfest Brussels. … Continue reading