a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Postcards at Halesworth Library, zines at Housmans and Black Cat
- Free downloads of some of my old zines
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
- Some thoughts on the evolution of zines from the 1980s till now
- News - september 2015
- News & updates - August-September 2016
- Distros, shops and libraries that stock my zines
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: celebrate
New zine: Same Heartbeats #10 Happy to announce… the 10th issue of Same Heartbeats! I’ve been making his DIY feminist personal-political zine for about a decade, releasing an issue almost yearly, and it continues to document the local and less … Continue reading
I’m currently working on Same Heartbeats #10 which should come out this year and for this occasion – and the 15th anniversary of my zine project ECHO – I decided to reprint the first 3 issues of Same Heartbeats, which … Continue reading
In 2016, I’ll have something to celebrate! Same Heartbeats will have its 10th anniversary and #10 will come out! Also, ECHO will exist for 15 years! Isn’t that cause for a little celebration? 🙂 Same Heartbeats is by far the … Continue reading
It’s International Zine Month this month! Here’s how you can take part and celebrate: (Flyer taken from Stolen Sharpie Revolution) + July 21st is Zine Library Day!
So ECHO exists 10 years in 2011 and that’s why I’m planning some anniversary releases: First of all, I’m working on the 5th issue of Same Heartbeats zine. You can expect lots of feminist activist and DIY content! The zine … Continue reading