Some upcoming exhibitions, zine projects…:
- Upcoming next week on Tuesday September 15th is an event called Eva Bijt Door at the bookshop De Groene Waterman in Antwerp. There will be a panel debate about women and art and an exhibition on feminism called Weibermacht. Sounds very promising! I’ll be exhibiting and selling zines my zines there too. If you make feminist zines and you’d like to show them, let the organisers know!
- I’m very honoured to be part of the Drawing out of the box: Feminism in comix exhibition at the F-word festival in Amsterdam from October 2nd. It will be amazing, with lots of incredibly talented feminist comic artists such as Mawy, Henna Räsänen, Morgenmuffel, Valentine Gallardo, B. Carrot and other Zsa Zsa zinesters. The festival’s program also looks very interesting, so I’m very much looking forward to this.
- During this year’s Sophia conference called “Unruly Bodies” that will take place in October, there will be a great amount of activist and artist involvement in all of the discussions, workshops and exhibitions. I’ll be hosting a zine reading room and zine workshop related to bodies that defy social norms. Come and have a look!
- On November 7-8th I’ll be in Berlin for the Zine Fest there. It’s my first time at this zine fest and I’m very curious what it will be like. There will be several feminist zine makers, so we’ll probably share a big table. 🙂
- On November 12th, just back in Belgium, I’ll participate in a zine table and I’ll be dj-ing as DJ Dolle Nina at Ladyfest/Magasin4 event in Brussels. Don’t forget the real Ladyfest Brussels in March 18-20th 2016!
- In between I hope to find time to publish the split zine Ana Hine and I are doing. Very excited about this! In the meantime, check out her zine Artificial Womb and the crafts she’s selling on etsy.
- And finally: a for now still nameless feminist group based in Brussels (who have organised events on Monique Wittig and 50s lesbian pulp fiction before) that I’m part of, are working on a collective zine about women’s spaces, lesbian-feminism and sisterhood. The zine should be finished this year and posters of the pages will be presented at several queer and lesbian events in Brussels. Yay! You’ll read more about it here when there’s any news!
- Update: Mid October there will be a 2-day zine workshop at Et Biiim festival in Lille (France)! I’ll gladly participate of course. 🙂 More info soon!