a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: fanzine
During the recent 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space I made another 24 hour zine (although, as usual, it took me a bit longer than 24 hours to finish it). It’s called From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls! In … Continue reading
A new issue of Same Heartbeats, number 6, is out now! It was presented at Queer Zine Fest London on December 1st and is now available for mail-order, distros or trades. In #6, travel stories take the upperhand again, from … Continue reading
My newest zine called “Scissors & Chainsaws” is out now! The ink has just dried and the paper is still warm! Scissors & Chainsaws is a diary comic, talking about daily life and zine-related things during international zine month July … Continue reading
Finally, another issue of Same Heartbeats has left the printers. #5 contains more writings on feminism, activism, craft and self-publishing. Like previous issues of Same Heartbeats, this 5th issue is printed on recycled paper, hand-tied with coloured yarn and filled … Continue reading
For Same Heartbeats #3 zine: SELF-PUBLISHING & FEMINISM This text deals with paper media such as zines and their link with feminism. I’m going to try to mix examples from different countries and avoid focussing only on American feminism and … Continue reading
Here you can find an article I wrote (written in Dutch) for the Tweede Sekse Blog about how to make your own feminist zine. In October I will organise a Zine Fest in Gent (Belgium) with the feminist group FEL. … Continue reading
ECHO presents: Echotopia! A collection of writings and images, celebrating 10 years of ECHO zines 2001-2011. Echotopia is a zine compilation with drawings, comics and articles from Punk Feminist Mini Zine, Flapper Gathering, Same Heartbeats, Radix and Be All You … Continue reading