a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair anniversary artificial womb band berlin best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust cunt & paste distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine distros zine events zine fair zine fest zinefest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- "Zine there done that" documentary - interview with Ana Hine and Fergus Cruickshank
- Free downloads of some of my old zines
- DIY: how to make a feminist zine
- International Zine Month 2013: what was it like?
- New comic zine - Scissors & Chainsaws (International Zine Month diary comic)
- Why I like zines - mini zine
- Distros, shops and libraries that stock my zines
- News & activities - Spring 2017
- Zine Happening + Alternatieve Boekenbeurs
Nyx on News & activities –… rebelsister on News & activities –… Nyx on News & activities –… Nyx on The ZINE TEST – which zi… Jessica Maybury on “Zine there done that…
Tag Archives: feminism
The 24 Hour Zine Team will collaborate with the Lesbian Pulp/Wittig group to organise a zine-making afternoon on June 21st in the Rainbowhouse in Brussels. Together we’ll make a zine about sisterhood, space, lesbian identity and/or feminism. Each participant can make … Continue reading
24 days after the second 24 Hour Zine Making weekend, ECHO presents: Space Invasion, a 24-hour-zine After the first edition of 24 Hour Zine Thing in Ghent in July 2014, several participants longed for another zine marathon. So there it was: … Continue reading
For Same Heartbeats #3 zine: SELF-PUBLISHING & FEMINISM This text deals with paper media such as zines and their link with feminism. I’m going to try to mix examples from different countries and avoid focussing only on American feminism and … Continue reading
Echo was mentioned in this list of feminist groups and projects on the feminist blog De Tweede Sekse! In the list you can find lots of other interesting projects and collectives all over Belgium and the Netherlands. Want to be … Continue reading
The newest publication by ECHO is a collection of 10 years of ECHO zines. Echotopia will celebrate ECHO’s 10th anniversary. It includes writings and images taken from the following zines: Punk Feminist Mini Zine, Flapper Gathering, Same Heartbeats, Be All … Continue reading
FEL, a feminist collective based in Gent (Belgium), created the feminist start package for the Women’s Day organised by Vrouwen Overleg Komitee. The package contains several zines and sticker sheets. It guarantees lots of feminist fun! I lay-outed, illustrated and … Continue reading