a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: international zine month
Three years ago we organised the first 24 hour zine event in Belgium. It took place in Ghent, with 5 zine enthousiasts, some of which had never met before. Since then we have organised 5 other of such zine-making gatherings, … Continue reading
I received lots of nice zine mail these last few months and then there was Zine Happening and Alternatieve Boekenbeurs happening in my town. So lots more fresh reading materials. I also spent more time on reading books but I’ll review those books … Continue reading
It’s July! International Zine Month! So what’s on the programme for this year? My plans so far: I’m helping organise 24 Hour Zine workshop at Le Space on July 7-8th, attending Weirdo Zine Fest (not tableing but will have some … Continue reading
Friday 7th July 5 pm – Saturday 8th July 5 pm at Le Space in Brussels (no sleeping place there! find your own place to sleep elsewhere) Are you curious about zines*? Have you always wanted to self-publish your own … Continue reading
Currently making the 10th issue of Same Heartbeats: drawing, writing, cutting & pasting, editing on my computer… This issue will contain a “zine test: which zinester are you?”, rants about age and about keeping memories, reports of feminist events, a short … Continue reading
This month it’s International Zine Month AND it’s sales season AND this year I’ve been making zines for 15 years now AND Same Heartbeats is celebrating its 10th anniversary! So that’s 4 good reasons why we’re giving you a 10% discount on all Same … Continue reading