a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: izm2015
International Zine Month 2015 (IZM) ended a few days ago. But that’s no reason to be sad. It won’t stop us from making zines of course! For example tomorrow, Marion, Gudl and I will give a zine workshop during the … Continue reading
I’ve recently read How to publish a fanzine by Mike Gunderloy (from 1988!). This book is no longer in print, but I stumbled upon a second-hand copy at the Alternatieve Boekenbeurs and you can read it online here. Mike Gunderloy used … Continue reading
For International Zine Month, I wanted to create a new ECHO flyer to make publicity for my newer zines: Here you can see the previous one: (old maps seem to be a recurring theme…) A VERY old flyer dug up from dark dusty archives: (email … Continue reading
Last week, Jo and I went to Berlin for a few days… I love the city! There’s so much to discover, I don’t think I’ll ever get bored: The parks, little co-op shops, (former) squats, street-art, vegan places… But I won’t … Continue reading
These are some amazing zines I recently read that I’d advice you to check out! I found them from a variety of places: zine fests / alternative bookfairs, distro orders, trading with the writers themselves, leftist book shops… I mentioned … Continue reading
This week I planned to do some snail mail related stuff connected to zines because it’s “postal week”. I didnt really get everything done that I set out to do, but I still did some fun mail/zine things. — Recently, … Continue reading
In my alternative International Zine Month calendar, I planned to organise my zine collection, take a photo of my own zines and make plans for a split zine this weekend. It was a hot and busy weekend, so I postponed … Continue reading