a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair anniversary artificial womb band berlin best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust cunt & paste distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine distros zine events zine fair zine fest zinefest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- "Zine there done that" documentary - interview with Ana Hine and Fergus Cruickshank
- Free downloads of some of my old zines
- DIY: how to make a feminist zine
- International Zine Month 2013: what was it like?
- New comic zine - Scissors & Chainsaws (International Zine Month diary comic)
- Why I like zines - mini zine
- Distros, shops and libraries that stock my zines
- News & activities - Spring 2017
- Zine Happening + Alternatieve Boekenbeurs
Nyx on News & activities –… rebelsister on News & activities –… Nyx on News & activities –… Nyx on The ZINE TEST – which zi… Jessica Maybury on “Zine there done that…
Tag Archives: ladyfest
Some upcoming activities: I will be sharing a table with feminist zine friends to sell and trade our creations at VoiZines’ Zine Happening III on April 8-9 at Lousbergsbuurtcentrum in Gent Next I’m doing a zine/book table with FEL at the Alternatieve Boekenbeurs on April … Continue reading
So this took place a few months ago, but I only found time now to select and edit the photos. Ladyfest is a non-commercial DIY feminist festival with music, workshops, films and art which is organised all over the world … Continue reading
Some upcoming exhibitions, zine projects…: Upcoming next week on Tuesday September 15th is an event called Eva Bijt Door at the bookshop De Groene Waterman in Antwerp. There will be a panel debate about women and art and an exhibition on feminism … Continue reading
Some news and plans for the future! I’m working on Same Heartbeats #7. First, I wanted it to be finished and printed by November for Zine Fest Berlin, but it will probably be finished sooner. This zine will include reports … Continue reading
A new issue of Same Heartbeats, number 6, is out now! It was presented at Queer Zine Fest London on December 1st and is now available for mail-order, distros or trades. In #6, travel stories take the upperhand again, from … Continue reading
I love Ladyfest. Ever since the first one I went to (and helped organise) in 2002, I’ve been fond of these feminist DIY festivals. They encourage creativity, activism, friendships, networks, traveling, sharing, sisterhood… Last weekend I went to Ladyfest Brussels. … Continue reading