a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: magazine
Finally, another issue of Same Heartbeats has left the printers. #5 contains more writings on feminism, activism, craft and self-publishing. Like previous issues of Same Heartbeats, this 5th issue is printed on recycled paper, hand-tied with coloured yarn and filled … Continue reading
For Same Heartbeats #3 zine: SELF-PUBLISHING & FEMINISM This text deals with paper media such as zines and their link with feminism. I’m going to try to mix examples from different countries and avoid focussing only on American feminism and … Continue reading
A message from our sisters of Scumgrrrls magazine: The trilingual Belgian feminist magazine Scumgrrrls is looking for contributions! We’d like images of all kinds: drawings, comics, illustrations, collages, photography… all black & white. The central theme of this issue will … Continue reading
The feminist group FEL is looking for contributions for a zine about sexist experiences: [scroll down for English] Hallo, heb jij seksistische situaties meegemaakt waarover je wil vertellen, schrijven of tekenen? Heb je tips voor hoe er mee om te … Continue reading
My zines have been reviewed twice recently! Tikara of the feminist blog De Tweede Sekse has published a lovely post about Echotopia and 10 years of ECHO which you can read here. It’s in Dutch. Then there’s the legendary American … Continue reading
The newest publication by ECHO is a collection of 10 years of ECHO zines. Echotopia will celebrate ECHO’s 10th anniversary. It includes writings and images taken from the following zines: Punk Feminist Mini Zine, Flapper Gathering, Same Heartbeats, Be All … Continue reading