a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair anniversary artificial womb band berlin best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust cunt & paste distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine distros zine events zine fair zine fest zinefest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- "Zine there done that" documentary - interview with Ana Hine and Fergus Cruickshank
- Free downloads of some of my old zines
- DIY: how to make a feminist zine
- International Zine Month 2013: what was it like?
- New comic zine - Scissors & Chainsaws (International Zine Month diary comic)
- Why I like zines - mini zine
- Distros, shops and libraries that stock my zines
- News & activities - Spring 2017
- Zine Happening + Alternatieve Boekenbeurs
Nyx on News & activities –… rebelsister on News & activities –… Nyx on News & activities –… Nyx on The ZINE TEST – which zi… Jessica Maybury on “Zine there done that…
Tag Archives: making of
Currently making the 10th issue of Same Heartbeats: drawing, writing, cutting & pasting, editing on my computer… This issue will contain a “zine test: which zinester are you?”, rants about age and about keeping memories, reports of feminist events, a short … Continue reading
So Same Heartbeats #9 is almost finished and as you may or may not know, it’s going to be a split zine! I’m making this zine together with Ana Hine, who runs the fantastic feminist arts zine Artificial Womb. Check … Continue reading
Some impressions of the making of Same Heartbeats #7:
At this very moment I’m making my zine Same Heartbeats #6… It should be finished by the end of next week and presented on Queer Zine Fest London!
It always takes me a while to finish a new issue of Same Heartbeats zine. The writing needs editing, the illustrations take time and dedication, the layout requires some thought and experimentation. I try to make each issue slightly different … Continue reading