a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: making of
Currently making the 10th issue of Same Heartbeats: drawing, writing, cutting & pasting, editing on my computer… This issue will contain a “zine test: which zinester are you?”, rants about age and about keeping memories, reports of feminist events, a short … Continue reading
So Same Heartbeats #9 is almost finished and as you may or may not know, it’s going to be a split zine! I’m making this zine together with Ana Hine, who runs the fantastic feminist arts zine Artificial Womb. Check … Continue reading
Some impressions of the making of Same Heartbeats #7:
At this very moment I’m making my zine Same Heartbeats #6… It should be finished by the end of next week and presented on Queer Zine Fest London!
It always takes me a while to finish a new issue of Same Heartbeats zine. The writing needs editing, the illustrations take time and dedication, the layout requires some thought and experimentation. I try to make each issue slightly different … Continue reading