a low-budget DIY feminist publishing and creation project started by Zina aka Nina, for her zines, comix and pamphlets (sometimes she makes music, spoken word and crafts too).
Apart from posting about Nina's own zines, she uses this blog to announce feminist zine-related news, especially from Belgium, write zine reviews and share articles about DIY feminist zine culture.
(ECHO is not a distro or publishing company!)
flapper_grrrl (at) yahoo.co.uk
- 24 hour zine thing activism alternatieve boekenbeurs alternative bookfair alternative media anniversary artificial womb band best of blog bookshop brussels celebrate collection comix compilation craft crust distro echo echotopia exhibition facebook fanzine FEL feminism flyer for sale gent internationale zine maand international zine month izm izm2015 ladyfest library lost luna magazine making of metal mini zine new news paper photos postcard punk queer zine fest london recensies research reviews riot grrrl sales same heartbeats self-publishing shop snail mail split zine updates vagina dentata voizines wanted why i like zines workshop zine zine café zine events zine fair zinefest zine fest zine happening zine knutsel dag zine library zine reviews zines zine workshop
Top Posts & Pages
- New zine - From Spice Girls to Riot Grrrls
- 24 hour (fan)zine workshop at Le Space - short report
- Photo report - Zine Afternoon in Putney Library
- Feminist Activist Mini-Zine - new mini-zine
- New zine: CuNt & Paste
- The ZINE TEST - which zinester are you?
- Zines I read in 2017 (part II: April - June)
- Winter holiday zine gift packs
Distros, shops and l… on Shelf Zine Library Distros, shops and l… on In Movement – 24 hour zi… Distros, shops and l… on Same Heartbeats #10 out now!… rebelsister on International Zine Month … Nyx on International Zine Month …
Tag Archives: why i like zines
A few years ago, during International Zine Month, I made a mini-zine on how to make zines called “Hoe maak je een zine?”. It’s a short practical guide with basic info on how to make your own zine. I wrote … Continue reading
During the zine workshop that Jo and I did at CoVen Festival in Cologne, Germany, I started making a one-page folded mini-zine on why I like zines. It was hard to limit myself to such a small format but also … Continue reading
Today is the first day of International Zine Month (IZM)! Hurray! For each day of the month, you can do stuff related to zine-making. Today, let’s think about all the reasons why zines rock our worlds. So why do I … Continue reading
Today is the first day of this year’s International Zine Month! Again, there are lots of things you can do to celebrate this special month dedicated to zines. On the poster on the right, all the activities are listed. There’s … Continue reading
Why I love zines? (10 reasons in no particular order) The DIY idea that anyone can make a zine and that zine readers can become zine creators too The zine scene that connects zine makers The realness, beauty and limitless … Continue reading