As you may have seen in a previous blogpost about my Wonderful Witch bundles, I’ve released two new zines! Witches’ Brew #3 is a witchy perzine in classic cut & paste style and #4 offers recipes for self-love potions. I’ve worked on these two new zines for several months while occasionally showing sneak peeks so here they are finally! 😀 Read on to find out more…
It’s July 13th and Full Moon… time to send some art magick out into the world! 😀
In the past few months I’ve been busy creating lots of different witch-themed things: zines, postcards, buttons, stickers, bookmarks… I hope you will enjoy them as much as I’ve enjoyed making them.
Today I present you some of my lesser-known zines. Certain Echo zines have gotten more attention than others so that’s why I’d like to put the spotlight on some hidden gems. 🙂 These talk about autonomous spaces, finding creative inspiration, moving house, and feminism, featuring collages, drawings, and writings.
Take a look:
The end of 2021 is nearby so I’m slowly writing my yearly overview blog posts. Here is the first one:
All the zines I’ve published in 2021:
Lost Luna Zine #1 – an introductionary mini-zine for my solo music project Lost Luna that talks about taking back space and things to do as a musician in lockdown (because when you’re a creative person / doing creative work, surely you can find creative solutions for situations like this).
- Lost Luna Zine #2 – mini-zine with the lyrics and being-the-song stories of Lost Luna’s debut EP “Shadow Play”.
- Lost Luna Zine #3 – mini-zine with recommended bands and artists who’ve been inspiring me when home-recording my music.
- Same Heartbeats #18 – the newest issue of my feminist perzine which was made during a virtual 24-hour zine event organised by Swansea Zine Fest.
- Confined #3 – pandemic diary comic zine that includes interviews with creative friends who run God Save the Queer and MandApunk
- Confined #4 – another issue of my pandemic diary comic zine
Some zines I’ve finished writing and designing that will be published in early 2022:
- Witches’ Brew #2: amulets and pendants
- Bunny Magick: Chainsaw Bunny’s guide to witchcraft
- Do it yourself care: autumn blues
- Queer Quest #1: queer quest for community – choose your own adventure
- Do it yourself care: joyful girl – where I find joy
- Echotopia #2: 20 years of Echo Zines
+ more to come soon!
I’m soooo excited and honoured to share with you these artworks that some of my friends have made of my stuffed bunny and comic zine character Chainsaw Bunny. They all did so spontaneously, I didn’t ask for it, so each time it was a wonderful surprise for me. Make sure to check out all the amazing zines, books, stickers, jewelry, music, and games that my friends create!
To do something special for December’s Bandcamp Friday, I assembled two new bundles! These zine/postcard bundles are now available in my Bandcamp webshop.
- Do it Yourself Care #1 mini-zine
- Do it Yourself Care #2 mini-zine
- Do it Yourself Care #3 mini-zine
- Witches’ Brew #1 mini-zine
- Chainsaw Bunny Hates Everyone mini-zine
- Same Heartbeats #8 zine
- Reading with Cats postcard
- Blanket Fort postcard
- Download of the song “Touch the Sky” by Lost Luna
Feminist activism bundle
- Feminist Activist mini-zine
- A Space of Our Own mini-zine
- This Bunny Kills Fascists mini-zine
- Space Invasion zine
- Letter Soup zine
- My Body My Choice postcard
- Download of the song “Lila Latzhose” by Lost Luna
HOW TO ORDER?
(PS. I can’t promise that they will arrive on time for the winter holidays!)
As you may already know, I just released two new issues of my zine Confined.
Here are some sneak peeks of the inside pages of Confined #3 and #4: (spoiler alert!)
And one image I wanted to highlight because it’s so relevant right now:
Thanks to everyone who has supported the pre-order! If you haven’t received your copies of the zines yet, they will reach you very soon!
Confined #3 and #4 are out now!
Two new issues of my lockdown diary comic zine have just rolled out of the printers! With lots of pages full of lockdown stories and reflections, this quaranzine meets comic meets perzine will entertain you during the ongoing pandemic and beyond.
- Daily life in the pandemic from August 2020 till February 2021
- Comics, stories and reflections that mention my stuffed bunny aka room mate Chainsaw Bunny (and her increasing misanthropy), guerrilla gardening, the impact of the pandemic on my band Lavender Witch, surviving the heat wave, going to protests for care workers and for Mawda, being quarantined, things that offered me quarantainment, how to meet friends in lockdown, attending the International Zine Librarian UnConference online, ZineWriMo, music I listened to, (zine) mail I received, the mental impact of the pandemic, and more!
- Poster to protest the racism of Sinterklaas
- Collage about introvert privilege
- Photo album including photos of street-art
- Daily life in the pandemic from March 2021 till July 2021
- Comics, stories and reflections that mention the first anniversary of the start of the lockdown in Belgium, International Women’s Day, a covid-scare, the home-recording and release of Lost Luna’s EP “Shadow Play”, meeting friends, synesthesia, the advantages of face masks, how I celebrated my second birthday in lockdown, the ongoing mental impact of the pandemic and things that have helped me, (zine) mail I received, Virtual Swansea Zine Fest, Chainsaw Bunny’s washing machine adventure (or disaster?), visiting an exhibition about music and zines, visiting the Girls Go BOOM Clubhouse and their zine library, recommended podcasts, International Zine Month, getting vaccinated, and more!
- Interview with multidisciplinary artists Clémentine of MandApunk and Judith Judah and Shei of God Save the Queer about creativity during the pandemic
- Photo album including photos of street-art
Both zines: A5 size, 32 pages including cover, printed on recycled paper with the cover pages on coloured paper, and hand-tied with red cotton yarn
If you want to read my entire lockdown comic zine series, I recommend you don’t just get Confined #1-4 but Scissors & Chainsaws #2 as well which fills the gap between Confined #2 and #3.
You can also buy all the zines I made/published between March 2020 and September 2021 as a special “quaranzine bundle” that’s available in my webshop.
All Confined zine and merch orders on Bandcamp receive a digital download of Lost Luna’s “Shadow Play” EP.